Whether you're a seasoned digital marketer who's allowed Google to run your PPC efforts for too long, or a new business owner who's looking to make the most of pay-per-click advertising to boost your online presence's visibility and profitability, the chances are that you'll need help getting your PPC campaign off the ground.
Sometimes, it doesn't matter how great a marketer you are, how fantastic your SEO content is or how well you know the digital marketing world, PPC can require a skill set all of its very own. Whether it's due to a lack of resources, time or knowledge, it can be difficult to pinpoint the signs that you need help with your business' Adwords campaign.
To operate a successful digital marketing campaign, you need to admit to yourself that you can't do everything. Many larger companies have entire teams running their paid search efforts, whilst others manage their SEO efforts, so trying to take on everything yourself is often an impossible task.
How Do I Know If I Need Help With My PPC?
- Your Account Is Disorganised – This is one of the most common issues that many pay-per-click users are forced to live with. Overcoming a messy account structure can be quite the task, and it is incredibly easy for marketers to find themselves caught in a mess of AdWords clutter.
- Overstuffed Ad Groups – If you have a lot of ad groups with more than 20 keywords, then you need to be careful. Having too many keywords per group can often lead to relevancy issues, and if you dig deeper into the data that you obtaining you will more than likely discover that only a handful of your keywords are generating traffic.
You're going to want to ensure that your keywords match the actually ad copy that you provide, and those groups with too many keywords will often struggle to effectively match ad text to keywords.
- Irrelevant Groupings – This often goes hand in hand with overstuffed ad groups, but it can even go beyond that. The major structure of your account is like the foundation of any construction project – without proper care and attention, your entire project can crumble around you.
You need to make certain that your campaigns have relevant themes that tie into the ad group itself, which need to be based on keyword semantics.
- Too Many Campaigns Or Ad Groups – Unless you're a massive retailer, selling products or services on a global scale, your account is unlikely to need huge numbers of ad groups or campaigns.
Keeping your AdWords account clear of clutter is one of the easiest and most rewarding ways to improve the benefits that can be gained from your PPC efforts.
- You Inherited An AdWords Account, Or You Had To Build One From Nothing – These two scenarios can often leave PPC specialists in the same position as inexperienced users, with the question “Where do I begin?"
Inheriting an account can lead to an extremely challenging situation, as you attempt to understand how to make appropriate optimisation decisions moving forwards. You'll need to do some digging into the campaign's history, investigate metrics like the average click-through rate (CTR), Quality Score, Cost-Per Conversion (CPC), average positions and impression share to ensure that you set realistic goals and understand exactly where you are in terms of industry standards.
Starting your PPC account from scratch, however, can be equally as challenging as you will have no real information to go off of. The way that an account is structured can make or break your pay-per-click efforts, and creating an AdWords account can require a tremendous amount of attention to detail.
Either one of these scenarios can, ultimately, act as a major indicator that you need PPC expertise.
- Your CTRs Are Low! – According to Google, the average click-through-rate for PPC efforts are often around 2%, which means that, out of every hundred impressions, two people click through to your site.
Of course, the average CTR is different for every industry and business model, but even so, do you really want your click-through rate to just be average? There is always something that can be done to improve your PPC efforts!
Many faux-specialists are known to point out that high CTRs aren't necessarily ideal as they can end up costing your business more in the long run – however, due to the penalties which accounts with low Quality Scores accumulate, low click-through-rates can result in your business having to pay 400% more for those clicks you do obtain.
PPC Services, Advice And Support, From Promote
As one of the UK's leading PPC agencies in the UK, here at Promote we are extremely proud to offer a diverse range of services to help you get to grips with your paid search marketing and start to see some real returns on your investment.
For the very best PPC Agency in Wigan, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Promote today on 0845 050 2500 – alternatively, you can email us directly at email@example.com!