As the number of eCommerce businesses continues to grow in the East Midlands, being able to keep up-to-date with the latest changes in SEO in Leicester is vital in ensuring that your website stays on the first page of a Google search.
As the first port-of-call that potential customers check out to find the products/services they need, being seen on the first page will often be the difference in creating that 'leading brand perception'.
In June 2019, Google made changes to their core updates; so let's take a look at how it'll affect local SEO going forward.
How Google's June 2019 Core Updates Will Affect SEO In Leicester
The good news is that there'll be nothing to fix. Google have said when site rankings do drop, they don't want webmasters to be mistaken in thinking that there are serious errors and fixing'the wrong things'. Most of the time, there may not be anything wrong with the website at all.
So what has changed, and how can a website that is dropping down the rankings improve its local SEO in Leicester? For the latest core update, Google has changed how its system assesses content.In their news on the update, they gave an example of how this works with 'top movie ratings'.
Imagine you made a film in 2015 that appears in a 'top 100' list. Over time, the position it was in will naturally change as new films are released. People will also go back to re-watch and reassess older works and compare them to the new films, changing the positions accordingly – it's a fluid, never-ending list. Google wants its search algorithm to work in the same manner; as new high-quality websites appear,older websites will be reassessed and compared; the highest quality will rise to the top.
Ultimately, Google wants webmasters to focus on ensuring that they are offering the best content it can. But how to achieve this?
Creating Great SEO Content For A Google Search
To encourage webmasters to create better content, they have offered the following questions for you to consider when evaluating your SEO in Leicester:
- Is the content original? Does it provide information, reporting, research or analysis that goes beyond the obvious?
- Does the content give a complete, substantial or comprehensive description of the topic?
- If the content draws upon other sources, does it avoid copying or rewriting them and instead provides additional value and originality?
- Does the header/page title give a helpful, descriptive summary of the content, avoiding being exaggerating or shocking in nature?
- Will this be a page of content that you yourself would bookmark or share? Is it something so informative that you would expect to see in a magazine or book
Being seen as providers of expert,informative content is also an important factor in Google's search engine listings. Here are some expertise questions to ask of your content:
- Does the content convey information in a trustworthy way? Does it give clear sources, evidence of the expertise presented, the background about the author or company that is publishing the content?
- Is it written by an expert who can demonstrate their authority on the topic?
- Is the content free from any factual errors that can be easily verified?
- Would you feel comfortable taking the advice of this 'expert content' for issues that relate to your money or life?
Presentation and production is an important part of any well-written, informative piece of content; something that Google wants to reward on their search platform. Here are some management questions to ask of your content in order to improve your SEO in Leicester:
- Is the content free of spelling mistakes and doesn't contain any stylistic issues?
- Does the content seem well-produced, or does it appear to be sloppy or hastily put-together?
- Is the content mass-produced by(or outsourced) to a large number of creators, or is spread across a large network of sites, so that individual pages do not get as much attention or care?
- Is the content presented on a page that has an excessive number of ads that distract from (or interfere) with the main body of content?
- Does the website (and content) display well on mobile devices?
One of the best ways to understand how you can improve your content (as well as seeing how your competitors go about their online marketing strategy) is by comparing your website to those websites that appear on the first few pages of a keyword search. As you go about this, ask yourself these questions:
- Does your content provide substantial value when compared to the other pages in the search results?
- Does the content seem to serve the interests of visitors or does it seem to exist solely exist to attract users to the page?
So those were some best practice tips in ensuring that your content is able to meeting the requirements of Google's latest update. If you would like to learn more about SEO, why not consider getting in touch with the experts here at Promote?
Promote Agency: Leading UK SEO Experts
If you're looking to utilise SEO in Leicester to advertise your services to a wide audience, the team here at Promote Agency have all of the experience and expertise to get you seen by the right people. No matter if you need SEO to target a local audience in the East Midlands or throughout the UK, we have a proven track record of assisting a wide array of business types and sizes in achieving their desired search engines rankings.
Regardless if you're an established business looking to bring your products/services to a brand-new audience, or anew operation needing to establish itself, we can say with some confidence that SEO will help you to meet all your requirements and more.
For more information, please feel free to give us a call on 0845050 2500 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.